Monday, November 7, 2016

eighteen





 

You know when I talked about not being ready to be "that mama", well guess what!?  This one turned eighteen...yes I have an eighteen year old.  Can I be that old ~ yes I suppose its true.  This guy, I don't even know what to say...He's such a blessing and a guinea pig all in one.  You know what they say about first borns...you're lucky if they turn out normal, or so I've heard! :)  No really he definitely has ups and downs, as do all people, but over all he is a pretty happy go lucky guy.  He is extremely caring and absolutely loves the littles, though they try his patients sometimes, but whose patients aren't tried by littles!  He's a wonderful big brother, always usually willing to take a tag-a-long, ready to talk and explain the unexplainable(by mama), teaching, drawing for, spelling out words for the littles.  He has a different personality, but then so do I, which is why...I think...we get a long great, well mostly great.  
He has recently gotten a job showing how responsible he is.  I never have to remind him, get him up, really help him in any way.  This was a bit surprising to me.  He has always been one to rise to the occasion.  When you think "oh he'll never be able to do that" ~he does.  This job hasn't been easy, working all kinds of different hours, even until four in the morning, but he makes it and is adjusting well...now.  
He has been considering what he wants to do...looking into collages and such.  I guess we shall see.  One of my mama/schooling policies has always been ~ if you want to do something bad enough, you will make it happen...not me...you.  This theory came through schooling this kid.  Anything I wanted him to do was a no go.  He had to do it himself, so here we are.  He wanted to play guitar, for example.  I said I would not pay for lessons all for him to waste my money and quit.  We have plenty guitar playing friends and a dad, so he will teach himself or not play.  He now plays very well, all self taught through his dad, music, and cd's.  It has become one of his greatest passions and is in happy zone if he's playing.

So these cupcakes ^^^ bright purple icing...
Normally I make our cakes, but due to being so entirely busy, I bought some cupcakes for thus birthday with purple icing(his favorite color).  We've never had any food allergies, or aversions, which I am completely grateful for, but with these cupcakes came quite a surprise! We all wiped our icing off, not wanting the dye on our face/teeth, plus it tasted quite bitter, but the two smallest boys did not.  Some time passed into the evening and I noticed how unusually frustrated baby S was getting at his toys...really, down right angry.  Well I thought maybe he was just getting tired, so off to bed we went.  During nursing him though, he was very restless and angry...kicking and swing his arms.  He finally went to sleep and oh my.  All night until about fourish, he was restless, kicking and flailing around, yelling out.  Over the next couple of days, I was sure to not give him anything with food dyes and he was back to his pleasant self.  I'm not one hundred percent the dye was it, but we won't be finding out any time soon!

JM

No comments:

Post a Comment


Fourth of July 2010

Forth of July 2011

Forth of July 2012